What is Apprenticeship?
The following apprenticeship info has made available by the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry.
Qualifications for Apprenticeship
Minnesota Limited Energy Agreement
Individuals may enter the pool of qualified applicants by the following means listed below. Every individual selected for apprenticeship shall come from this established pool of apprenticeship applicants:
Individuals who can show that they meet the qualifications listed below will make application for apprenticeship and be reviewed by the committee for indenture. To be considered for indenture, applicants must be employed by a contractor signatory to the Minnesota Limited Energy Agreement. In addition, applicants must:
- Be a minimum of 17 years of age; and must be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of selection and indenture;
- Complete the application form;
- Show evidence of successful completion of: one full credit of high school algebra with a passing grade or one post high school algebra course with a passing grade;
- Be a high school graduate or have a GED, or in lieu of a high school diploma or GED. Have a two year associate degree or higher;
- Provide an official high school transcript and post high school education and training. All GED records must be submitted if applicable;
- Submit a DD-214 to verify military training and/or experience if a veteran;
- Obtain a score of three (3) or higher using the electrical trade’s aptitude test developed and validated by the American Institutes for Research
(Aptitude test is given on the second Wednesday of every month, at 9:00 am);
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license;
- Individuals who can verify (indisputable documenting evidence) that they have worked a minimum of 4800 hours, specifically in the low voltage trade, do not need to meet the requirements of items c, d, and e.
How to Apply
Twin Cities Metro Area – Applications are accepted Monday through Friday 9 am to 3 pm at the Limited Energy Apprenticeship JATC 452 Northco Dr. Suite140 , Fridley MN 55432
Duluth Area – Applications are accepted at IBEW Local 242. 2002 London Dr. Room 111 Duluth MN 55812. Phone: 218-728-6895
Rochester Area – Applications are accepted at IBEW Local 343. 9 80th St SE, Rochester MN 55904. Phone: 507-282-7081
Classification and Wage Scale
For the Limited Energy Installer Apprenticeship Program
The Minnesota Statewide Limited Energy Apprenticeship Program uses the wage scale as defined in the Limited Energy Union Agreement. Wage rates listed below are in effect until June 30, 2017.
The rates listed are effective as of July 1, 2016.
Please note, the above wage rates do not include any benefits or deductions.